Salary: $28.62 - 32.70 ph + Super (+ casual loading as applicable)
Work Type: A variety of full time and part time vacancies are available, in a permanent, temporary and casual capacity for current and future vacancies
Location: Camden Libraries - Camden, Narellan & Oran Park
Come join an organisation with endless opportunities, where people choose to work because they are inspired by the chance to shape, influence and grow a community.
Are you an enthusiastic, motivated and passionate Library professional looking to have a direct impact on your community? If so, we are looking for talented Library Assistants to support our rapidly growing library services in our professional, friendly, and dynamic team. With over 50% of Camden’s population being registered as library users, this is a valued service within the local community.
You will have the opportunity to work from multiple state-of-the-art facilities, in a programs based environment that includes alternative lending collections, in a truly customer-focused workplace.
Don’t miss out on being part of something great by joining an evolving, rapidly growing, adaptive and innovative organisation.
What We Offer
We are committed to offering and supporting development and employment opportunities to help people excel and build a lasting career. We offer generous learning and development opportunities as well as flexi time, access to employee benefits and education assistance.
We promote diversity in the workplace and have a culture that is inclusive, respectful and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all people.
As the community continues to grow, this opportunity will allow you to grow with it!
- Higher School Certificate
- Current Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated work experience in a customer service environment
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and promotional activities
- Basic knowledge of social networking tools and how they apply to the library
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound computer literacy and proficiency
- General knowledge of library policies and practices
- Ability to effectively organise and prioritise workloads
- Ability to work as part of a team environment with a customer focus
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment including new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO and WHS principles
- Completed or undertaking Certificate 3 in Library and Information Services or equivalent
- Demonstrated work experience in a public library
- Demonstrated experience in the presentation of children’s programs
Note: “The above position has been identified as a Child-Related position under the Child Protection laws in NSW. Applicants will be required to obtain hold a Working With Children Check. For more information visit http://kids.nsw.gov.au/kids/working/newcheck. Prohibited Persons are not eligible to apply.”
To meet Council’s WHS requirements and in accordance with Council’s Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication.
Further Information: Wendy Wilkins, Team Leader Library Services on 02 4645 5637
Closing Date for above position: 31 January 2022
Position Description: For full position description details click here