Library Collection Services Officer
- Reference Number: S100-21-773
- Closing Date: 05-12-2021
- Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
- Salary from $72,024.77 to $84,246.55 p.a. + super (pro rata)
- Permanent part-time opportunity - 28 hours per week
- Based at Woollahra Library, Double Bay - minutes from Edgecliff Train Station
About the role
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic library team who play a crucial role in the development and maintenance of a vibrant and customer focused library collection?
Woollahra Libraries is seeking to employ a self-motivated and enthusiastic part time Collection Services Officer to join the Collection Development Team and assist with the management of Woollahra Libraries collections in all formats.
The Collection Services Officer will manage the following on a rotational basis:
- Manage all aspects of maintaining up to date and accurate library holdings by undertaking copy and original cataloguing and providing quality control of cataloguing for outsourced materials.
- Manage and maintain a quality serials collection.
- Maintain a high quality inter-library loan service.
This is a part-time role which includes evening and weekend shifts as rostered. Penalty rates apply when working on a weekend.
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic professional who thrives in a team environment. Your strong customer service skills and ability to see tasks through to completion with or without close supervision will ensure you excel in this role.
- Minimum of a Library Technician Diploma from TAFE or University Information Studies or Information and Knowledge Management (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of Library resource management and collection development principles.
- Demonstrated experience with cataloguing tools such as OCLC, MARC21, RDA, LCSH, DDC, AACR2, bibliographic formats and standards, and authority files.
- An enthusiastic and engaging approach to providing excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated experience in library operations.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a team member and independently, with proven time management and organisational skills.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills including social media, with the ability to effectively liaise, consult and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Competency in all MS office applications including word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher.
- Well-developed knowledge and skills in Library technology with the ability to assist customers in the use of such technology.
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous self-improvement as well as a positive approach to change, flexibility and adaptability in the work environment.
- Current Working with Children Check.
- Demonstrated understanding of EEO and WH&S principles.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake the physical requirements of the position as outlined in section Eight (8) of the position description.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Serials Management and/or Inter Library Loans in a library environment.
- Current Class C vehicle licence.
How to apply
- Apply on line by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Fiona Johnston, Collection Development Librarian on 02 9391 7074 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
CLOSING DATE: 11:59pm on Sunday 5th December 2021
Woollahra Council is committed to responding to its responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 in undertaking all measures that are reasonably practical to ensure the health and safety of all our workers. As of 1st December 2021, new employees must be fully vaccinated (two doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence seven days prior to commencement.
Should an applicant indicate that they wish to seek an exemption on medical or other grounds, they will need to provide evidence of their circumstances such as an accepted certified medical contraindication.
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.