PiCS Training Courses Available for members 2013
PLA members are able to take advantage of the standard group discount ( that is for single registrations rather than two or more.) for each of the following PiCS courses available during 2013:
Customer Service for Library Staff
A practical and interactive workshop will impart excellent communication skills, attitudes and behaviour for all library staff.
Presented by Marion Fox
Participants will understand how to:
- Recognize the importance of their role in the provision of a total quality library service.
- Review what is working well and what could be developed in customer service.
- Provide genuine service through planned questioning and active listening.
- Influence customers positively by careful use of language
- Defuse difficult people and situations.
- Develop a personal action plan.
Who should Attend
Library staff in front line roles with internal and external customers.
Whether you are organising a library user’s group meeting, a library open day, a community event, a routine management meeting or a conference, thorough planning is essential to ensure the smooth running of all library events.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to determine the needs of the event
- How to project manage an event from start to finish
- How to set up planning systems to guide you through
- How to evaluate your success, so you can do even better next time
- The seven-stage information audit model.
- How to conduct an information audit by applying the model
- Using the audit to minimise information risk and improve compliance
- An audit will identify current information needs and how successfully these are being met by the available resources and the services provided.
Leading the EA Team
This workshop will show you how to manage your responsibilities and communicate to reach desired results more easily.
It will help you to achieve recognition for the tasks performed and to develop self-awareness and understanding about the needs of the people you work with.
Presented by Marion Fox
The workshop is for Executive Assistants and Senior Secretaries working with:
- General Managers
- Partners and Executive teams
Virtual Team Manager Masterclass
Successfully lead and manage virtual and remote teams
Presented by Dr John Gundry
This intensive one-day Masterclass equips managers with the knowledge, skills and best practices to make virtual management and remote leadership a success for their teams, their organisations and themselves. Australia’s national broadband network is making the benefits of virtual teaming more widely available.