- Organisation: MDM Entertainment Pty Ltd
- Location: Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Tenure: Full time
Are you passionate about providing services to Libraries? Do you want to be part of a dynamic, growing team?
MDM Entertainment is seeking the services of a qualified and experienced library cataloguer to work with our team based in Penrith, NSW, to continue to provide the highest level of cataloguing services to our Australian library customers where we provide a complete shelf-ready service.
MDM Entertainment is a specialist supplier of Media/AV and Book related products and the successful applicant would need to demonstrate a high level of experience in the cataloguing of these materials.
We work to the standards provided by Libraries Australia and to the individual requirements for each of our customers.
The successful applicant would need to be able to demonstrate high levels of experience in the following areas
- Provide effective, accurate and efficient cataloguing services to libraries according to their specifications.
- Perform original cataloguing, clone records, edit existing records, request MARC records, import records using Z39.50 connection, generate call no's, for non-print materials according to national standards using RDA, Dewey Decimal System, Library of Congress Subject Headings and MARC formatting
- Perform original cataloguing in Libraries Australia Cataloguing Client.
- Generate call no's using Trove (National Library of Australia free online service).
- Maintain current information for each customer by keeping detailed and current manuals.
- Keeping up-to-date regarding changes to cataloguing standards through the implementation of RDA: Resource Description and Access and informing Library clients of those changes.
- Provide details of completed work by keeping detailed and accurate statistics of all work carried out.
- Liaise with Libraries to ensure specifications, standards outlined within each library profile is adhered to, to clarify requirements, to offer guidance when and where appropriate.
- Knowledge of the following to ensure records and work carried for libraries are of the highest quality standard:
- LC Authority headings and subdivisions
- Latest edition of DDC
- Libraries Australia searching
- Libraries Australia cataloguing client
- Internet searching
- Library Management Systems
- Cataloguing of media/AV and Book related products
- Microsoft word and excel
Hold a Diploma level qualification in library and information services or equivalent/higher recognised relevant qualification.
Please send expressions of interest through to firstname.lastname@example.org