Education & Youth Services Librarian
- Be a catalyst for our young people
- Permanent part-time role (25 hours per week) based at our Plaza Library
- Salary from $72,984 plus 10% super
We are Wyndham City Libraries, operating in one of Australia's fastest growing and most diverse cities.
Our growing Library network is made up of 5 locations across our council. We host 1 million annual visitors, run more than 3,000 community programs and loan upwards of 1.5 million items annually. Our team is committed to making a positive difference to the lives of our community. Providing resources, programs and technology access, we support our community to grow and thrive.
Be part of something more.
A bit about the role
You will be responsible for delivering an exciting range of after-school programs to children and young people including Read with Me, Whizz Kids and Game On. You will also be involved with running annual library events, including LOUD in the Library, Wyndham Spelling Bee and the Way Out West Photography Competition. In addition to delivering programs and events, you will manage the Plaza Library Young Adult Fiction and Non-Fiction Collections and provide excellent customer service to the public when rostered on regular desk shifts.
A further key focus of this position involves building and maintaining partnerships with internal council partners, schools and community organisations to develop innovative offerings for the Wyndham Community and promote library participation by young people.
This role is primarily based at Plaza Library, but you will also be required to travel to other locations on a regular basis to deliver and promote our variety of programs and services.
The role has the work pattern below with one Saturday morning desk shift required every 12 weeks. Some events and programs will also require additional occasional evening or weekend work.
Monday: 10.00am - 6.00pm
Tuesday 1.00pm - 5.00pm
Wednesday 10.00am - 6.00pm
Thursday 12.00pm - 8.00pm
What you'll deliver
- Quality educational and recreational programs and collections for 5-18-year-olds
- Effective partnerships with internal and external groups
- Positive outcomes for our community, with a strong customer focus
- Strong teamwork and collaboration
What you'll bring
- Experience delivering programs and events
- A tertiary qualification in Information Management or another relevant discipline, such as Education or Community Development
- Demonstrated time management and prioritisation skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for working with young people, and an interest in Young Adult Literature
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a strong team orientation
- Strong ability to form partnerships and work with internal and external stakeholders.
- A positive, curious and flexible mindset.
- A current Victorian Working with Children Check.
Be part of something more
It's an exciting time to join Wyndham City Libraries. We are transforming into an agile, resilient and customer-centric workplace and the opportunities to grow with us are endless.
We believe our people are our greatest and most valued asset. This is why we are focused on building a constructive culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to creating and cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce.
We believe our people are the most valuable connection to our community. This is why we are focused on creating a culture where people feel valued and achieve great things every day.
So, are you ready for something more?
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply via the link below and send us your resume and cover letter. To be considered for this role, your cover letter (maximum two pages in length) must detail your skills and experience as it relates to the dot points listed under "What You'll Bring..."
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact Jenny McKnight, Team Leader Library Education and Youth Programs and Services on (03) 8734 2608 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until 11.59pm on Thursday, 12th September.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply for our job opportunities. Our commitment is to provide safe and inclusive environments where everyone can grow and succeed.
Position Description available above under Document/s