Team Leader Library Hub and Resources
- Reference: 5024105
Full Time Permanent Position
Salary Range $82,017 to $89,313 pa + 9.5% Super + RDO
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs, and we want you to enjoy the benefits that best work for you and your stage of life. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and countless opportunities for professional and personal development. You'll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne's fastest growing municipalities.
The libraries team are seeking a dynamic leader to enhance library customer service delivery for our world class and landmark library facilities. This position leads an innovative approach to the development of resources including hard copy and electronic library collections across the library service. As a key member of the library leadership team, this position leads the day-to-day operations at a Library and Learning Hub site
- Ensuring library facilities, collection and spaces are presented as vibrant, active community hubs.
- Lead, motivate and develop the Resources team, to ensure an innovative and effective approach to resources, loans, and home library service.
- Identify community needs, gaps and opportunities and develop initiatives to enhance the development of collections and delivery of library services.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Experience in leading and motivating staff in an environment of innovation and continuous improvement
- As a passionate library leader, you will have a firm understanding of the management of library facilities and a proven ability to develop library collections in a public library context.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: "a thriving community where everyone belongs" and that means there's a place here for you too. Council has a diverse and vibrant team serving our diverse and vibrant community and we'd love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future. Our values are:
- Continuous Improvement
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity.recruitmenthub.com.au/Staff-Benefits/
How to apply
For further information about the position, please contact Coordinator Library Operations and Resources, Maresce Jones on (03) 9747 5334.
Applications close 5.00 pm Friday 21 February 2020
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
At Melton City Council we care for our people, we're committed to the professional growth of our employees and support balance and flexibility. If you want to work with talented, passionate people and build a thriving and vibrant community, we encourage you to apply. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds
Applications Close: 21 Feb 2020