Adult and Senior's Librarian
Permanent Full Time
ADULT AND SENIORS LIBRARIAN
Working at Wollondilly Shire Council means that you will help to achieve our vision to build a resilient, safe and supported workplace that provides respectful, efficient and effective services for our community now and into the future. You will also live our corporate values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
Whilst at Wollondilly Shire Council you will be provided with a flexible and inclusive working environment that provides a positive, productive and highly skilled workforce where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow.
Salary and Conditions
- Permanent Full Time
- Salary Range $64,546 - $72,648 Per Annum
- 9.5% Superannuation
- 35 Hour Week, Flex Time System
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated professional to be a key member of our Library Services Team. This position is required to manage, develop and implement quality programs and services for adults and seniors across the shire on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a library environment.
- Tertiary library qualifications conferring eligibility for ALIA membership.
- Demonstrated experience in development and implementation of library services, programs and events for adults and seniors.
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision of high quality customer service with the ability to develop strong relationships with community groups and organisations.
- Demonstrated research and information retrieval skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary library practices, processes and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and be an effective team member.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills including written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Ability to use a range of technologies and a willingness to provide assistance, training and support to library customers in the use of current and emerging technologies.
- Participation in library shift roster, including reasonable future extensions to the roster.
- Current Class C Driver’s licence.
- Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain prior to commencing.
- The ability and commitment to Council’s Vision to build a resilient, safe and supported workplace that provides respectful, efficient and effective services for our community now and into the future.
- The ability and commitment to display Council’s Corporate Values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
- Experience in creating content for websites and other social media platforms.
Further Information: Ann Abdullah, Client Services Librarian on 02 4677 9609.
Closing Date: 5.00pm (AEDST) Friday, 9 November 2018.
Applications must address the essential and desirable criteria as listed in this ad. Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.