Expressions of Interest - Assistant - Library (Client Services) (Casual)
Expressions of Interest - Assistant - Libraries (Client Services) (casual) It is important to note that by submitting an application you are expressing an interest only for working within the Library services for Gympie Regional Council. Applications will be assessed on skills and experience that meet the mandatory requirements for this position. When a casual vacancy arises, Council will draw from this pool of submissions and may make contact with you.
Remuneration: Casual hourly rate commencing at $30.02 (plus casual loading) plus superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 22 March 2020 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
Council is currently seeking expressions of interest for experienced library professionals to fill casual vacancies within our Library services team as they arise. By submitting your interest, this will create a pool of professionals that can be contacted at any time. This pool will remain current until 30 June 2020.
This position is responsible for providing and promoting library services to the community delivering high quality, customer focused service and library programming and events that are responsive to community needs.
Applicants would need to be available for work Monday to Saturday and across all library branches within the Gympie region to meet the needs of the roster system where days and hours of work will change weekly. There are no set weekly working hours for these positions, but there will be an opportunity for increased hours during peak periods and to cover periods of leave.
What we are looking for
We are looking for people who are passionate about library services and enjoy providing a positive customer service experience. Successful applicants would need to be able to provide information and technology services assistance and support as well as deliver programs to fulfill the community's needs, including children's activities, technology sessions and community workshops.
In addition the above, applicants will also have:
- Demonstrated experience in/knowledge of modern library practices, procedures and responsibilities, including the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication and teamwork skills with organisational ability.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills, including word processing and basic research skills.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Working with Children check - Blue Card or the ability to obtain one
Although not mandatory for this position, the following would be advantageous:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Dewey Decimal classification system.
How to express your interest
Keen to apply? Simply head to Council's website and follow the "Jobs at Council" link to register your interest: www.qympie.qld.gov.au
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role or for assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Kymbeline Russell, Advisor - Human Resources (Acting), on 07 5481 0687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer?
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
Successful applicants may be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.
How to express your interest
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
- Download and review the position description above
- Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
- Click 'APPLY'
- Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
- Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.
Applications close on Sunday 22 March 2020 at 11.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.