Branch Senior Librarian
Job No: BC1396
Location: Blacktown, NSW
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
Located in the heart of Greater Sydney, between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains, Blacktown is home to a widely diverse and proud community of more than 180 represented nationalities.
About the Opportunity
Blacktown City Libraries has an opportunity for an experienced Branch Librarian to join the team and manage a busy branch library. Reporting to the Customer Services Coordinator, you will manage and supervise branch staff, work as a team member to provide effective customer focused library services to the community, and work cooperatively with other teams to develop relevant outreach programs and activities.
You will be a proficient user of current technologies, be innovative and demonstrate a high level of professional knowledge of current technology trends.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent as recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA). Eligible for professional membership of ALIA
- A minimum of three years’ public library experience or extensive other relevant library experience
- Current class C driver's licence
- Proven excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment and independently
- Demonstrated skills in team leadership and staff supervision
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Relevant computer skills, including experience in the use of electronic and online resources
- Availability to work flexible working hours, including evenings and weekends as rostered.
- Competent user of Web 2.0 applications
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan, deliver and evaluate programs
- Experience with stakeholder liaison
- Training skills and experience
- Experience in budget and/or cash management
- Experience in library promotional activities
- First aid certification
- Ability to speak a community language.
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,280.10 - $1,433.60 (Grade 9) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 8 November 2019
Contact Officer: Nathaniel Ola-Roberts on 02 9839 6617
INTERNAL REF: BCC1146