Children and Youth Librarian
- Permanent Full Time
CHILDREN AND YOUTH LIBRARIAN
Working at Wollondilly Shire Council means that you will help to achieve our vision to build a resilient, safe and supported workplace that provides respectful, efficient and effective services for our community now and into the future. You will also live our corporate values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
Whilst at Wollondilly Shire Council you will be provided with a flexible and inclusive working environment that provides a positive, productive and highly skilled workforce where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow.
Salary and Conditions
- Permanent Full-Time position
- Salary $66,159 - $74,464 Per Annum
- 9.5% Superannuation
- 35 Hour Week, Flex Time System
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Ongoing Learning and Development opportunities
About the role
Are you enthusiastic and ambitious and have demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of library collections, services, programs and events for Children & Young Adults?
The successful applicant will be a key member of our Library Services team. You will be required to liaise with a diverse range of community groups to develop and enhance the range of services available to Children & Young Adults across the Shire.
- Demonstrated relevant working experience in a library environment.
- Tertiary library qualifications conferring eligibility for ALIA membership.
- Demonstrated experience in development and implementation of library collections, services, programs and events for children and young adults.
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision of high quality customer service with the ability to develop strong relationships with community groups and organisations.
- Demonstrated research and information retrieval skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary library practices, processes and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and be an effective team member.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills including written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Ability to use a range of technologies and a willingness to provide assistance, training and support to library customers in the use of current and emerging technologies.
- Participation in library shift roster, including reasonable future extensions to the roster.
- Current Class C Drivers Licence.
- Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain prior to commencing.
- The ability and commitment to Council’s Vision to build a resilient, safe and supported workplace that provides respectful, efficient and effective services for our community now and into the future.
- The ability and commitment to display Council’s Corporate Values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
- Experience in creating content for websites and other social media platforms.
Applications must address the essential and desirable criteria as listed in this advertisement. Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Further Information: Ann Abdullah, Client Services Librarian on 02 4677 9609.
Closing Date: 5.00pm, Friday 19 July 2019.
'Wollondilly Shire Council is an EEO Employer and values workplace diversity'
Preview the job requirements and apply here