Children and Youth Librarian - Pakenham Library
- Permanent - Full time, 35 hours per week
- Band 5
- Salary range between $71,032 - $82,604 + super
As part of the Pakenham team you will provide leadership, ensure that CCL provides outstanding visitor experiences and build capacity in our communities inside the library, online and outside the four walls.
You will manage the Children and Youth collections, children and youth programs at Pakenham Library and foster relationships throughout the community, providing an outreach service to local schools, kindergartens and maternal child health centres.
This is a permanent full-time position at a Band 5 level (35 hours per week). It includes one evening shift per week, one Saturday shift in four weeks and one Sunday shift in eight weeks.
To be successful within this role you will need to have:
- A strong commitment to upholding CCL Values and supporting behaviours
- Proven experience providing positive leadership in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated experience in delivering programs to 0 to 18 years
- Knowledge of children’s literature, language and literacy development
- Deliver innovative and customer focused service consistent with CCL vision, values and objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing library collections
- The ability to foster partnerships with external organisations that extend the profile, brand and service reach for CCL beyond the four walls of the branch
- Library qualifications conferring eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library & Information Association
- Lesser formal qualifications with relevant work skills & experience commensurate with the requirements of the work required
For further information please contact: Cenza Fulco, Community Engagement Coordinator 0439 242 352 or Melissa Martin, General Manager Organisational Development 0409 230 264
Applicants must include an application letter, supply a current resume and address the key selection criteria contained in the position description, which is available via the Casey Cardinia Libraries website www.cclc.vic.gov.au/about/
Applications close on Monday 29th April 2019 (5pm)
Email applications directly to email@example.com