Children and Youth Library Officer
Job Category: Local Government & Community / Library Services
- Salary: $63,867 per annum
- Permanent, Full-time
- Applications Close: Wednesday May 15 2019 at noon
- Contact: Lindy Dadd 03 8470 8955
- Interviews will be held the week beginning 27 May 2019
Darebin Libraries is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic person to develop and deliver collections and programs.
As a Children and Youth Services Library Officer at Darebin Libraries you will:
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of children and youth collections through selection of library materials
- Deliver weekly Storytime, Rhyme Time sessions, school holiday programs and other events as rostered
- Work collaboratively with teams across Darebin Libraries to provide and promote collections and programs for children and youth
- Undertake rostered customer service shifts across all Darebin Libraries branches
This position requires a proactive, cooperative, compassionate approach that will help us provide welcoming and inclusive library spaces.
We are looking for someone who is resilient, energetic and flexible with enthusiasm for working with our library users in a lively team environment and delivering excellent customer service.
This position includes customer service desk duties across all Darebin Libraries branches, including the requirement of a weekly evening shift and a minimum of one rostered Saturday and Sunday shift in each 8-week cycle.
The successful applicant will hold a current Working with Children Check and a current Victorian Driver’s License is desirable.
Apply online or forward hard copy applications to: Manager People and Development, Darebin City Council, PO Box 91, PRESTON VIC 3072.
Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria as detailed in the position description will not be considered. Darebin City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. We are committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.