Children & Youth Services Librarian
This position is responsible for effectively and efficiently promoting literacy, reading and library services to children and youth by developing, organising, implementing, delivering and evaluating programs and information to internal and external clients.
On a daily basis you will:
- Work to ensure that children's and young adult collections and programs are delivered within the budget
- Develop, implement, assess and evaluate the Library's storytime programs for internal and external clients
- Contribute to the development of policies and guidelines for the provision of children's and youth services and to other library services as required and ensure that all staff are fully informed about the policies and guidelines
- Research and collect statistics. Provide regular reports on Childrens and Youth Services activities
- Provide a wide and diverse variety of electronic resources, audio visual material, print material and other resources materials to best serve the needs of children and young adults
- Contribute to planning and innovation around new and emerging trends and technologies
About the person
The successful candidate should have 2-3 years' experience working with children and young adults and/or relevant experience in a library environment.
They will have a recognised professional tertiary qualification in Information Science/Librarianship (or be eligible for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association), or equivalent.
It would be preferred but not essential for applicants to have knowledge of children’s and young adult literature and other appropriate resources, public library experience and demonstrated ability to deliver high quality customer service in a busy service environment.
What’s on offer
We are offering an attractive salary from $81,826 p.a. plus Super. City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which can be accessed by the successful candidate.
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Christina Steiner on (02) 9806 5174.
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria. Applications close 11:30pm, Friday 6 December 2019 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
Prohibited persons as defined under the NSW Child Protection Act are not eligible to apply. A copy of a valid Working with Children Clearance must be presented at Interview.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
The diverse culture at City of Parramatta is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in our workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. If you would like to know more, or require assistance with our recruitment process, please email DiversityCoP@cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia (with no Visa restrictions) to apply for this position.
How to apply:
- If you have NOT registered with our Online Application System, you can begin your Application by clicking the 'Begin' button.
- If you are unsure if you have registered before, click here and follow the steps.
- FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN DETAILS? click here and follow the steps.
- If you have already registered, click on the Login button in the top right hand corner of this screen.
- Preview Application Form