Collection Access Officer (Interlibrary loans)
Band 4, $61,790 - $66,717 plus superannuation
We are looking for a team player with a strong customer focus and knowledge of cataloguing standards. The successful applicant will have extensive experience in the delivery of collection services including: acquisition, cataloguing, processing of library materials and the creation and maintenance of database records, preferably within a public library setting.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Ensure that the community have timely and accurate access to materials.
- Provide efficient and effective workflows associated with the acquisition, cataloguing and processing of library materials in line with community needs.
- Create and maintain accessible and accurate database records complying with set cataloguing standards.
- Effectively implement product development and management strategies and practices.
- Positively contribute and participate as a member of the Collection Access Team by providing ongoing and regular feedback on collection services practices, systems and processes and associated documentation.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A relevant qualification and/or relevant experience essential with eligibility for Associate Membership of the Australian Library and Information Association highly desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role/s of public libraries in communities and a community-centred approach to service delivery.
- Experience in the delivery of collection and inter-library loan services preferably in a public library with recent experience highly desirable.
- Ability to provide information services to library staff and users.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of information technology and software including Library Management Systems, web based searching, Microsoft Office Suite incorporating intermediate level Excel skills.
The Position Description and the application guide are linked below. Applications must include a cover letter, current resume and statement addressing the key selection criteria.
Please note, applications which do not address the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description cannot be considered.
GRLC is a child safe and child friendly organisation committed to ensuring that all children who visit our libraries have the right to feel and be safe.
Geelong Regional Library Corporation values equal opportunity and strives to create an inclusive and welcoming work environment that represents the diverse community we service. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all abilities, cultures, age, sex and gender.
Applications close Midnight, 18 October 2019
Job application guide available here