About the position
The Library Coordinator is responsible for the day to day coordination of customer and technical services deliveries of the Muswellbrook Shire’s Upper Hunter Regional Library Service, Denman and Muswellbrook branches.
Muswellbrook Shire is one of NSW’s most dynamic local government areas. For over four decades it has been at the heart of the State’s energy industry; with two of NSW’s base load power generators located in the Shire, Bayswater and Liddell. Muswellbrook Shire’s coal industry exports 25% of NSW’s thermal coal, it is the home of the two largest thoroughbred horse studs in the southern hemisphere, it produces a large volume of the Hunters viticulture and is home to the largest dairy industry in the Hunter.
Muswellbrook Shire Council is a vibrant workplace with a commitment to excellence in all facets of its operations, and is committed to employee welfare and development.
This is a Short Term Contract with a salary range of $79,353 - $85,888 based on demonstrated competencies, plus 9.5% superannuation. To be successful in this role you must possess:
- Qualifications or extensive library experience in Library and Information Services and/or eligibility for Associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA).
- Class C Driver’s License.
- Working with Children Check.
- Demonstrated experience in computer operations including a sound knowledge of integrated library management systems and competence in the use of Microsoft Office Software (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience and/or capability to deliver the Job Specific Key Accountabilities (outlined in position description).
- Demonstrated Advanced key capabilities as defined in the Key Capabilities Table (outlined in position description).
Further Information and to Apply
For more information on this position, please refer to the attached Position Description, Council’s Careers website, or contact Carolyn O'Brien, Manager Community Services on (02) 6549 3796.
- Complete the application form below, including providing responses to the mandatory questions required. Unfortunately, an unfinished application can’t be retrieved to finish at a later date. Please keep your responses concise.
- Attach your Resume and a covering letter where indicated.
- Click ‘Apply’.
- You will receive an email confirming your application has been submitted.
Applications close on 30 March 2020.