Dubbo Libraries Coordinator (Re-advertised Position)
- Job No: DRC456
- Location: Dubbo
Dubbo is a dynamic, regional city in the centre of New South Wales. Offering the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. In Dubbo you can enjoy a quality lifestyle with affordable housing, career opportunities, high-quality health, educational and professional services. Dubbo’s economic diversity provides a strong foundation for city development and employment. Dubbo is located in the Great Western Plains region of NSW, and is on the intersection of major routes for road, rail and air transport. Dubbo offers direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Newcastle and Canberra.
About the Role
Are you a highly motivated and experienced Librarian with excellent interpersonal and communication skills? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to build a high performing team to deliver community focused outcomes through leadership, collaboration and innovation?
We seek a dynamic, enthusiastic, and skilled professional who is committed to providing quality customer experiences, services and programs to the community.
The position is responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality library services to residents and visitors in accordance with the policies and objectives of Macquarie Regional Library.
Key areas of accountability for this position include:
- The delivery of high quality library services
- The delivery of high quality customer experiences
- The effective and efficient operation of the Dubbo Libraries
- Supervise and effectively lead the branch team
Essential Selection Criteria
- Degree in Library and Information Science with eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Extensive experience in developing and delivering high quality library & information services, preferably in a public library environment
- Demonstrated experience in leading and motivating teams to achieve organisational outcomes and goals
- Extensive experience in monitoring and evaluating library collections and service delivery
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and leading initiatives that add value and improve and enhance services, processes and practices
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of current and emerging issues and trends in public libraries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in report writing and presentation skills
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience with Library Management Systems and excellent computer and keyboard skills
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
A reasonable level of fitness is required for the role. Please see the attached Job Demands.
Salary: $86,871 - $100,958 per annum plus superannuation
Closing Date: 5:00pm on Monday 18 March 2019
Enquiries: Manager Macquarie Regional Library - 02 6801 4500
How to Apply:
1. Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
2. On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
3. Please note that once you start to complete your application, you cannot save it and return to it later.
We recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you are ready.
4. All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application.