Information Access Librarian
About the role
This position is responsible for the development, delivery, and review and reporting of library programs, events and activities for a range of identified target groups including but not limited to Readers Advisory resources, programs, events and trainings, volunteers and developing community partnerships.
This permanent full-time position (35 hours/week) is responsible for:
- Identifying appropriate target client groups, liaising with other sections as required
- Participating in evaluating, developing, and delivering high quality user activities.
- Monitoring user education activities to ensure consistent high quality
- Liaising with other teams and units to plan the marketing and promotion of these services, including networking with appropriate client groups and organisations
- Budgetary responsibility and the collection maintenance for a nominated collection
- Providing information and customer service at any Information and Library service point across the Library network including branches as rostered
- Collecting and maintaining relevant statistics
- Providing training as required including internal and external audiences
- Assisting with technology administration as required; including content contributions to the online presence of the Library i.e. social media, webpages and other relevant emerging technologies.
Please note that weekend and night shifts are required
About the person
The successful candidate will have a recognised professional tertiary qualification in Information Science/Librarianship (eligible for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association).
The successful candidate will also have previous experience (minimum 2-3 years) in a specialist librarian role and a proven record of target/project delivery within a public library environment.
What’s on offer
We are offering an attractive salary from $81,826 pro-rata plus Super. City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which can be accessed by the successful candidate.
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Parramatta Library on (02) 9806 5159
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria. Applications close 11:30pm, Friday 18th October 2019 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
Prohibited persons as defined under the NSW Child Protection Act are not eligible to apply. A copy of a valid Working with Children Clearance must be presented at Interview.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
The diverse culture at City of Parramatta is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in our workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. If you would like to know more, or require assistance with our recruitment process, please email DiversityCoP@cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
How to apply:
- If you have NOT registered with our Online Application System, you can begin your Application by clicking the 'Begin' button here
- If you are unsure if you have registered before, click here and follow the steps.
- FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN DETAILS? click here and follow the steps.
- If you have already registered, click on the Login button in the top right hand corner of this screen.
- Preview Application Form