Innovative Programs Officer
- Reference number and expiry date
- 2019.037 - closes 24/05/2019
THE POSITION: An opportunity exists for a motivated and engaging individual to join the Library Learning Experience Team.
Fairfield City Open Libraries is customer focused and performance driven. We encourage innovation and continuous improvement to deliver quality services to our community. This role will involve supporting the integration of new and emerging technologies in programming, services and promotion of the upcoming Whitlam Library Cabramatta’s creative and technology spaces. We are seeking a motivated individual with knowledge and interest of current and emerging technological trends, devices and equipment; along with demonstrated ability to co-ordinate and deliver technology based programs and events to the local community.
The successful applicant will be based at Whitlam Library, Cabramatta, but may be called upon to work across branches from time to time.
The position includes regular evening and weekend work at designated service points.
This is a permanent position working 70 hours per fortnight; our library is open 7 days a week so flexibility around working hours including weekends is required.
If you are a next generation thinker with a passion for providing the best library experience for your customers and would like to join a positive and energetic team we want to hear from you! Apply online today!
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a high volume fast paced customer service environment
- Current New South Wales Class “C” Driver’s License
- Current Employee Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Commission for Children and Young People.
- Diploma of Library & Information Services recognised by the Australian Library & Information Association (ALIA) or equivalent.
- Attain Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Interest and experience in the application of emerging technologies for the delivery of high-level library services.
- Previous experience in a public library environment
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 70 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade 4; salary range is $64,397 p.a. with progression to $71,079 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $ 75,431 p.a.
- A Uniform is provided
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Dianne Thai on 02 9725 0375, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Applications close 24 May 2019
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the Selection criteria required in the Position Description. A Position Description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860