Brian Jones (Team Leader Innovation & Technology) OR Angela Livingstone (Coordinator Learning Literacy & Leisure)
email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Sutherland Shire Council, NSW
Librarian - Innovation and Technology
Things we’ll trust you with
- Our Libraries enrich the community by providing access to information, education and cultural services - promoting lifelong learning, literacy and leisure opportunities.
- You will be an integral part of the Innovation & Technology Team, contributing to our strategic outcomes.
- You will assist with the delivery of high quality customer and library services to the community and diverse target groups - utilising all available resources, both inside & outside of the library’s collection.
- You will ensure effective management of the Library’s automated systems and provide advice on the development of appropriate computerised resources.
- You will support, mentor and empower both employees and our community members to effectively utilise Library’s digital services.
- You will coordinate and assist in running technology programs for our community.
Things you’ll do
- You will have a flair for providing exceptional customer service combined with a passion for innovation and technology.
- You will be highly skilled in the use of library systems and in the use / instruction of technologies relevant to public library service delivery.
- You will collaborate closely with the Community Engagement Team to initiate, source, organise and assist with the running of technology-focused community programs.
- You will create and present regular Technology and Systems training programs to support our employees’ professional development – extending capability, increasing confidence levels and enhancing productivity.
- You’ll be a true team-player with a genuine openness to share your skills and experience to help empower others.
- You will help to identify continuous improvement opportunities and solutions for business processes and practices.
Things you’ll be proud of
- Working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
- You will encourage and inspire others’ passion for life-long learning.
- Being a positive brand ambassador for the Sutherland Shire Council.
- You will support the evolution of our Library Services – meeting the changing wants and needs of our customers and community.
- Supporting your team to deliver customer focussed, innovative and contemporary public library services.
- You will strive for best practice and showcase Council’s values – Collaboration, Active, Respectful, and Evolving.
The fine print
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by midnight Wednesday 25 March 2020
- Package: $79,000 - $84,000 gross per annum plus superannuation
- Hours of work: Permanent Full-Time working 35 hours per week, option of 19 day month flexi-time). As Librarian – Innovation & Technology, you may work across all Sutherland Shire Council branch locations to support operational needs.
- Quote this when you apply: 42-20
Keen to learn more
- Please note: In your cover letter, we require you to address how you meet the selection criteria for the role.
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description .
- For any job specific enquiries, please connect with Brian Jones (Team Leader Innovation & Technology) on email@example.com or Angela Livingstone (Coordinator Learning Literacy & Leisure) on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Connect with Carly Ghislain (Talent Acquisition Business Partner, email@example.com) for any questions regarding the recruitment process.
- Expected Interview Date: Thursday, 9 April 2020.