Librarian Training and Information Services - Temporary
Job No: BC1402
Location: Blacktown, NSW
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
Located in the heart of Greater Sydney, between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains, Blacktown is home to a widely diverse and proud community of more than 180 represented nationalities.
About the Opportunity
Blacktown City Libraries has an opportunity for a Librarian to join the team. You will initiate, plan, deliver and evaluate technology training programs for customers and colleagues. Reporting to the Community Learning Coordinator, you will provide effective customer focused information services and work cooperatively with other teams to develop relevant technology workshop schedules.
You will be a proficient user of current technologies, be innovative and demonstrate a high level of professional knowledge of current technology trends.
This is a temporary, full-time role for a period of up to 12 months.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent as recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA). Eligible for professional membership of ALIA
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment or willing to obtain
- Knowledge and experience in planning, developing, delivering and evaluating training in current technologies targeting various skill levels
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and proven excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment and independently
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse client groups
- Proficient user of current technologies and knowledge of current technology trends
- Experience and proficiency in the use of electronic and online information resources
- Current class C driver's licence.
- Public library experience
- Experience with stakeholder liaison
- Experience in budget and/or cash management
- First aid certification
- Ability to speak a community language.
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,280.10 - $1,433.60 (Grade 9) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 8 November 2019
Contact Officer: Mary Ternes on 02 9839 6621
INTERNAL REF: BCC1136 - Temporary, full-time (up to 12 months)