Library Assistant Branch Relief (Part-time)
Job No: COR708 | Location: Ryde
- Join one of Sydney’s most progressive library services
- High level customer service role
- Permanent, part time position, 29.25 hours per week
About the City of Ryde library service
The City of Ryde library service comprises of five branches at Ryde, North Ryde, Eastwood, West Ryde and Gladesville as well as a significant online library. Our libraries are places of social inclusion where members of our community borrow items for leisure and lifelong learning, learn about new technology, participate in activities, attend children’s and adults programs, and carry out research for school assignments or business projects. They are lively, busy places and serve a culturally diverse customer base.
About the position
Library Assistants are our front line customer service staff and work in all areas of the library. They are passionate about giving back to the community. This position will work at Ryde Library on Sunday and work as a relief library assistant on other days. Relieving library assistants are rostered to work at all branch locations and the successful applicant will need to display outstanding flexibility as well as the ability to develop strong team relationships with all library teams. This part-time 29.25 hours per week position consists of the hours as follows:
- Sunday 2pm – 5pm
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 8.45am – 9pm (Full 7 hour days)
- Thursday 8.45am – 2.30pm
Your commencing rate of pay will be between $50,260.77 - $59,056.40 p.a. pro rata, plus superannuation, subject to your library qualifications and experience.
Please note: If you are currently employed as a casual library assistant by City of Ryde and are successful in being offered a permanent position you will no longer be offered casual shifts.
- Exceptional customer service skills and enthusiasm to help our diverse range of public library users whether it be to find a book or troubleshoot technology
- Exceptional teamwork skills with proven experience to also work independently
- Self-motivated with proven ability to learn new processes and systems quickly
- Experience in a vibrant customer service focused role and ability to prioritise tasks
- Able to work at the various libraries within City of Ryde and different shifts as required
- Completion of a library qualification or have extensive work experience in a library
Note: This is a Child Related position and employment is subject to verification of the Working With Children Check status. The cost of obtaining a WWC clearance is at the applicant's expense.
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. In addition to answering the questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your resume to complete the application process. Please note you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Interested? Like to know more? Please see the Position Description for more information or call Kathy Maltby on (02) 9952 8346 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Friday 26th July at 11.30 pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer