Library Coordinator Collections and Customer Experience
- Reference number: 12718
- Closing date: 11:45pm, Sunday, 17 March 2019
- Permanent Full-Time
- Classified as Band 7
- $96,369 - $109,225 per annum plus superannuation
Moonee Valley City Council is a vibrant and diverse municipality. We are a local government within the north-west metropolitan area of Melbourne, providing a range of services to some 118,000 residents and over 10,000 businesses.
If you are looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level and put your library experience and leadership skills on display, then now is the time to join us!
An exciting opportunity is available to manage the strategic development of a library collection that provides Moonee Valley residents with access to a relevant, attractive range of material in the formats that best suit their needs and interests. This position will also be responsible for strategically managing the customer experience within libraries and the transition and transformation of this experience to the community hub model.
This position will see you providing leadership for a range of activation and catalyst projects which create lifelong learning and leisure opportunities across the city as outlined in the Council’s long term strategy, MV2040.
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification acceptable for professional membership (librarian) of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA), together with extensive experience in the leadership and management of library services;
- Demonstrated understanding of community development and social planning principles. A qualification in community development/social planning is highly desirable;
- Proven experience in strategic library collection management;
- Demonstrated experience in leading, developing and motivating work teams in an environment of continuous improvement;
- Strategic and operational planning and policy development experience with a high level analytical and conceptual capability;
- Highly developed project management skills, with demonstrated ability to plan, implement, manage and deliver multiple projects and innovative programs within budget;
- Demonstrated understanding of customer experience principles, and proven ability to work strategically to meet and exceed the expectations of library users; and
- Demonstrated financial management skills, including budget preparation and management.
What we offer
At Moonee Valley, our greatest strength is our people. We recruit people who can be better than ourselves and retain people by allowing them to grow at their own pace, providing training opportunities and offering a safe environment where they will be rewarded for their contributions.
We recognise the needs of employees with family responsibilities and we want to help them balance their home and work life. Council provides a number of benefits to our staff including generous paid parental and pre-natal leave, carer’s leave, salary sacrifice options, flexible work opportunities, and an alternate model of employment where staff may purchase up to six additional weeks of annual leave.
Our culture of inclusion
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9243 1122.
If this sounds like an exciting career challenge that aligns with your personal goals and expertise, we want to hear from you!
Applications must be submitted through our online system https://mooneevalley.mercury.com.au/
and should be in line with the Moonee Valley City Council Application Guide found at the bottom of the advertisement. Applications that do not meet these requirements may not be considered.
For further information please view the Position Description or contact Celia Rice, Senior Coordinator Libraries and Learning on (03) 8325 1904.