Library Customer Service Officer (Part-Time)
- Job No: CCC313
- Location: Cessnock, NSW, 2325
About the opportunity
We are currently seeking a customer focused and experienced part-time Library Customer Service Officer to deliver high quality customer service and support the use of library resources, technology, online platforms and engagement with library literacy and learning programs.
This position is 14 hours per week as per the weekly roster, inclusive of 2 Saturdays per month.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver high quality customer service at library facilities, outreach points and community events ensuring customers have a positive library experience characterised by active engagement;
- Proactively engage with library customers to maximize their use of the library, resources, equipment, technology and online library platforms;
- Assist with the maintenance of the library customer service area, through shelving of resources, shelf tidying, maintaining noticeboards and updating promotional exhibitions and displays; and
- Undertake a range of duties incorporating desk roster, rostered evenings and Saturdays at any Cessnock City Library Branch Library.
- Certificate III in Library and Information Services, Customer Engagement, Business Administration or other related discipline;
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a public library;
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills including proven ability to establish professional rapport with a wide range of people, both internal and external; and
- Possession of a Paid Worker’s current and valid Working with Children Check Number.
$28.58 to $33.09 per hour plus 10.5% superannuation
- 14 hours per week as per the weekly roster, inclusive of 2 Saturdays per month.
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Applications Close: Thursday 13 February 2020 at 11.30pm
Who to Contact:
Rose-marie Walters, Library Services Coordinator on 02 4993 4395
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Please complete the application form below and provide detailed responses to the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. Your candidate suitability is determined by your responses to the selection criteria, for more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
Please note, prior to an offer of employment being made, recommended candidates will be required to undertake a medical assessment (including drug and alcohol testing). Council may also complete a range of other pre-employment checks, such as references, employment history checks, working with children checks or a criminal record check.
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.