Library IT Support (Maternity Leave backfill)
- Band 5: $67,364 plus 9.5% Superannuation
- 12 months maternity leave backfill (end date Jan 2020).
- St Kilda location - close to shops, cafes and public transport
About the Role
The primary purpose of the Library IT is to act as the first point of contact for incidents and requests, providing levels 0 and 1 technical support to Library Services staff, library patrons and overall community.
In addition, you will also investigate and diagnose issues and promptly allocate unresolved issues as required, meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
You are an enthusiastic team player with exceptional customer service and demonstrated experience
providing first line of technical support to ideally to library stakeholders, including staff and patrons.
The key selection criteria are as follows:
- A proven team player with a track record providing first line of technical support to library stakeholders, including staff and patrons
- A service support officer with the demonstrated ability to leverage past experience and own technical knowledge to solve most logged requests and issues
- Strong technical competency in systems, applications and digital solutions used in libraries (e.g. Library Management Systems, Radio Frequency Identification technology, e-resources) as well as general use operating systems and applications such as Office 365, MS Office, Adobe, websites and event management application.
- Demonstrate highly developed communication skills as well as interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to liaise with a broad number of stakeholders within and outside of City of Port Phillip, and of different backgrounds and IT literacy.
- Ability to set priorities, plan and organise own work, in order to deliver results within agreed timing, quality and budget targets.
- Relevant tertiary degree/s and a valid Victorian Drivers Licence (or independent alternative mode of transport). Certifications are viewed favourably, however relevant experience in a similar role is key.
Benefit and Perks
Play an integral part in contributing to City of Port Phillip - Customer Experience Program journey.
This role will be supported and empowered by a new leadership team who is customer focused, with a strong desire for change and raising the bench mark.
We offer excellent training and development opportunities and generous staff benefits including flexible working conditions, paid parental leave, social activities and a health and wellbeing program.
Please click the below link to view a copy of the position description. Further information can be obtained by contacting Nicole Lancefield on 03 8563 7312
Applicants must respond to the key selection criteria in the position description.
Applications close midnight Sunday 24th February 2019.
The City of Port Phillip has zero tolerance for child abuse and is a committed Child Safe organisation, so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.