LIBRARY MANAGER (Permanent 12 month maternity leave appointment)
The purpose of the role is to provide a quality, current, efficient and effective library and information service to the community of the City of Griffith, through the management of Griffith City Library and its regional organisation, Western Riverina Libraries;
Qualifications: Degree in Information Services or related qualification and demonstrated relevant experience in a senior Library position.
To be considered for this position applicants must have a Working with Children Check Clearance Number for employment screening purposes.
To apply for a Working with Children Check Clearance Number, log onto and complete the online application form www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au (in child related industry sector, tick clubs or other bodies providing services for children).
Hours of work: 35 hours per week.
Salary and conditions: Annual salary from $92,340.04 to $101,571.60 (Grade 19).
Special conditions: Only those with current rights to work in Australia may apply.
Applications close: 4.00 pm, Friday 8 March 2019.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Max Turner on 02 6962 8100
- We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline.
Conditions of Employment
Conditions of employment are in the Local Government (State) Award and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements.
Only those with current rights to work in Australia may apply.
A Pre-Placement Health Assessment may be conducted prior to any offer of appointment.
How to apply
Follow these steps to apply for a position at Griffith City Council:
- Download the Position Description for the vacant position. Please download a full copy of the position description here
- Download a Position Application Form. All applications must be accompanied by a completed Position Application Form.
- Download the Information Sheet for Applicants. This will give you important information to help you complete your application successfully.
If you have any questions or are unable to download documents, please contact Nick De Martin on 02 6962 8100.
What do I need to submit?
Make sure your application for a vacant position at Council has the following:
- A completed Position Application Form with contact details of at least two most current work related referees (supervisor or manager is preferable, must not be a work colleague)
- Your letter of Application which addresses each of the Essential & Desirable Selection Criteria as detailed in the Position Description
- Your most current Resume or CV
- Copies of all relevant licences, tickets and qualifications (Please do not include a copy of the Position Description)