Library Programs Supervisor
- Job no: 492641
- Work type: Permanent Full Time
- Location: Penrith
- Categories: Library Services
About the organisation
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
About the team
The Penrith Library Service provides informational, educational and recreational, resources and services for residents and visitors through three branch libraries, a Home Library service, a Toy Library and online services. The library has a staff team of 60 and last year loaned out 600,000 items. Resident surveys consistently show Penrith City Council libraries to be one of the City’s most popular services.
About the role
As Library Programs Supervisor, you’ll be responsible for leading a diverse team, developing and executing all promotional activity and digital communications for all Penrith City Library’s programs, services and events. You will be responsible for developing effective partnerships, in order to create and support an inclusive local community. This position has a senior role in the department and is a member of the Library Management Team. Along with strong project management skills, this position must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and exceptional time management capabilities.
You will be joining an enthusiastic, friendly and efficient team and be proactive and willing to meet the challenges of adapting to changing technologies used in the delivery of library services to the community.
If you can demonstrate outstanding communication and strong supervisory skills; sound experience with digital marketing and in developing inclusive library programs; are flexible and enthusiastic; have proven experience in working in a team environment and enjoy the challenges of adapting to technological changes, then this could be the position for you.
This permanent, full-time (35 hours per week) position is available to commence immediately.
- Relevant Degree qualification with eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association, or equivalent
- Strong administrative and project management skills with a proven ability to manage concurrent tasks and work to deadlines
- Strong supervisory skills to manage a team with diverse responsibilities.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated visual display and graphic design skills including proven ability and experience with Adobe In Design and Illustrator
- Experience in successfully developing and implementing programming strategies that focus on improving the accessibility and relevance of library services to the community.
- Demonstrated experience within digital marketing including the use of content management systems and social media platforms
- Effective communication skills to assist a broad range of age groups and skill levels with information and technology assistance enquiries.
- Demonstrated skills using library systems, online databases and digital apps.
- Current Class C Driver Licence
- Public Library experience
Commencing Salary: $92,824.16 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation.
A leaseback vehicle is available with this position, however it is not a condition of employment.
To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position please contact Sarah on 02 4732 7746.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time