Library Services Officer (Early Childhood Services)
Permanent Part-time, 0.45 EFT (17 hours per week)
- Work Type: Permanent Part Time
- Classification: Band 4
- Opening and Closing Dates: Thursday, 11 July, 2019 - 09:42 to 5:00pm on Monday 19 August 2019
- Person Responsible: Community Services
- Approved By: Kirsten Lingard
- Service Unit: Library
- Position Number: 6.54
Council is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced person to join our Library Services team.
This role is responsible for contributing to the provision of an efficient and effective library service to the Mansfield Shire community with a particular focus on the delivery of early childhood programs, activities and collections.
- Support the Library Services Coordinator in the day-to-day operations of the Mansfield Library.
- Organise and deliver early childhood literacy programs and lead the management of the early childhood collection.
- Lead the creation of an attractive, educational and dynamic children’s space at the Library.
- Perform circulation desk routines accurately and efficiently and provide a prompt and friendly customer service for all library users.
- Provide quality information and readers’ advisory services to all patrons.
- Assist in managing the collection and maintaining the Library in good order (shelving, shelf reading and reporting equipment faults).
- Prepare displays and publicity materials to promote events and activities at the Library.
- Assist library users with the internet, PC troubleshooting, electronic resources and equipment.
- Remuneration will be based on Band 4 classification of the Mansfield Shire Council Enterprise Agreement 2019.
Written applications close at 5:00pm on Monday 19 August 2019. For a confidential discussion regarding the position contact Justine Shelton on 03 5775 2176.