Library Technician - Children's Team
- Job no: 492662
- Work type: Permanent Full Time
- Location: Penrith
- Categories: Library Services
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
The Penrith City Library Service provides informational, educational and recreational resources and services for residents and visitors through three branch libraries, community events and pop-up libraries, Home Library Service, Children’s Services, Resources, Research Services (local history) and a Toy Library.
You will be joining an enthusiastic team responsible for providing friendly and efficient customer service at Penrith Central Library and other branches as rostered. You will be based in our Children’s Team and will assist with the planning and delivery of children’s programs across three library branches as well as compiling library’s newsletter and promotional materials. You will need to be proactive and willing to meet the challenges of adapting to changing technologies used in delivery of library services to the community.
You will possess excellent time management, organisation and communication skills to continuously meeting deadlines and executing children’s programs in a professional and efficient manner as well as being a proactive team member.
- Diploma of Library and Information Services [TAFE], or equivalent
- High level of interpersonal and customer service skills and experience
- Demonstrated skills using online systems, mobile devices and applications
- Demonstrated skills using library equipment, including scanners, printers and photocopiers
- Demonstrated experience in providing and delivering library programs to children & young people
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a busy team environment
- Demonstrated high levels of enthusiasm, creativity, innovation and flexibility in previous work roles
- Valid Class C Driver’s Licence
- Current eligible Working with Children Check (WWCC) for paid employment
- Previous working experience at a public library
- Previous participation in events and programs
Commencing Salary: $63,000 - $72,900 per annum, inclusive of 1 July award increase, plus 9.5% superannuation
To view the position description and submit your application, please visit www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before 11.55pm on the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria.
Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position, please contact Barjinder Kaur, Children’s Librarian on 02 4732 7890
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time