Library Technician - Resources
- Job no: 492903
- Work type: Permanent Full Time
- Location: Penrith
- Categories: Library Services
- Salary: $63,000.00 to $72,924.00 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation
- Closes: 9 March 2020
About the organisation
Are you looking for an exciting career in a place of limitless opportunity? The city of Penrith sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, alongside the Nepean River, and is home to approximately 198,000 people. We employ approximately 1200 permanent, temporary and casual employees across a diverse range of fields and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people. We offer a diverse range of career paths with a strong commitment to training, education assistance, paid parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
About the team
The Penrith Library Service provides informational, educational and recreational, resources and services for residents and visitors through three branch libraries, a Home Library service, a Toy Library and On-line services. The library has a staff team of 60 and last year loaned out 600,000+ items. Resident surveys consistently show Penrith City Council libraries to be one of the City’s most popular services.
About the role
To contribute to an effective and efficient library service for the community of Penrith City Council through providing customer service duties at Penrith Central Library and other branch libraries as rostered. To work collaboratively within the Resources Team undertaking a variety of tasks including but not limited to cataloguing the library’s fiction format categories and assisting with the selection of new adult fiction stock. To assist library customers to use digital services and equipment. To participate in events and programs promoting library services. To demonstrate and promote Council Values – Show Respect, Be Accountable, Encourage Innovation. This position reports to the Cataloguing Librarian.
- Diploma of Library and Information Services [TAFE], or equivalent
- High level of interpersonal and customer service skills and experience
- Demonstrated skills using online systems, mobile devices and applications
- Demonstrated skills using library equipment, including scanners, printers and photocopiers.
- Demonstrated skills cataloguing library resources using RDA standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of RFID applications in a library environment
- Ability to work effectively in a busy team environment
- Demonstrated high levels of enthusiasm, creativity, innovation and flexibility in previous work roles
- Driver’s Licence [C class]
- Experience working in a public library
To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
Intending applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume before the closing date. In addition, applicants are required to provide comprehensive responses to the selection criteria. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
For further information about the position please contact Sharon Pike on (02) 4732 7777.
Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
Council practices EEO and WHS principles.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time