- Position number: F2019/00170
- Closing date: Wednesday 06 March 2019
- Salary: $67,839 - $74.624 pa + 9.5% super
- Status: Permanent full time (35 hours per week) – weekend and evening shifts
- Join an innovative and vibrant Eastern suburbs Council
- Committed to professional development and supportive of work/life balance
- Be part of a proactive and well regarded Council
Randwick City Library is seeking an experienced Local Studies Officer to join our dynamic team. You will be assisting the Local Studies Librarian in the execution of a range of specialist library and archive collection tasks as well as supporting a program of heritage outreach and promotional activities across our network of libraries.
Your varied role will include assisting in the collection management of the library’s local history and archival collections. This will encompass assisting with collection arrangement, description and cataloguing of the local history collections across a variety of formats. You will be assisting with staff training in relation to local history resources, both traditional and electronic. You are also required to participate in general library customer service duties, as rostered, across three branch libraries.
To be considered for this position you must demonstrate how you meet the following essential criteria:
- Library technician or equivalent qualifications with relevant experience in a public library environment.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake complex and comprehensive research tasks.
- Demonstrated understanding of conservation, preservation, digitisation, metadata and cataloguing principles in the context of the local studies collection.
- Demonstrated strong interest and experience in working with the public and community heritage stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage concurrent tasks and work deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and commitment to a quality customer service ethos.
- Excellent computer skills in using Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with digital marketing using social media platforms to promote local studies material and harvest new resources for the collection.
- Demonstrated commitment to EEO, WH&S and the principles for a culturally diverse society.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
View the position description or contact Georgina Keep, Local Studies Librarian, Randwick City Library on 02 9093 6455.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this position.