Manager - Library, Museum and Customer Service
Reference No. 2018.098 | CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm AEDT, Friday 12 October 2018
THE POSITION: The Manager Library, Museum and Customer Service leads Council’s Library service across five branch libraries. This role encompasses the Fairfield Museum and Gallery and the Council’s customer service interface with our community.
Council commenced a change to its library service through the Open Library program, focusing on the relevance of the library activities to our customers. This links with the broadening of our customer service centre at Council’s administration building across the branch libraries. The museum and gallery strengthens the local history role within the Library service, with the arts program recognising different cultures and providing mediums for expressing different cultural values and history.
The role provides the strategic leadership and general management for the Division.
- Degree or post-graduate qualification in Library and Information Management or equivalent providing eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association.
- Ten years of professional librarian experience, including administrative and supervisory responsibilities at a senior level, in a public library
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in leadership, negotiation, teamwork, change management, cross cultural consultation, complex negotiation and conflict resolution.
- High level skills in guiding, motivating, coaching, mentoring, and developing staff, engaging effectively with volunteers while at all times role modelling appropriate behaviours and core values
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO, WH&S and ethical practice principles and to act with probity at all times.
- Highly developed analytical, conceptual, research and problem solving skills as evidenced by the provision of responsive, flexible client-focused library services that meet organisational objectives.
- Post graduate qualifications in Management or similar discipline
- An understanding and experience working in local government
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 70 hours per fortnight with flexible working arrangements
- This position is a Grade 10 role, salary range is $ 114,443 p.a. with progression to $ 126,325 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $ 134,056 p.a.
- A Motor Vehicle benefit is available
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to David Niven on (02) 9725 0239 or a position description is available by contacting Dusanka Krsmanovic on (02) 9725 0252.
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, Friday 12 October 2018
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required in the Position Description. A Position Description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860