Manager Library Services
Applications Close: 8 June 2018
The City of South Perth is a unique and vibrant Western Australian municipality, located only 4kms from the Perth CBD. The City is bordered by the stunning Swan and Canning Rivers and boasts excellent access to important social, commercial and leisure infrastructure.
The City is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to undertake the position of Manager Library Services. This role supports the Director Development and Community Services with driving strategic initiatives that ensures the City’s library services create a vibrant hub of activity at our two modern and dynamic public libraries at South Perth and Manning and the iconic Old Mill.
In order to be successful in this senior position, you will need to demonstrate how you have utilised your skills and experience on a regular basis to manage teams and programs, this includes:
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of library services;
- An understanding of the partnership between state government and local government in the provision of public library services and heritage facilities;
- Developed management skills including people management, time management, project management, and budget preparation;
- Substantial experience in a similar role strategically managing library services functions; and
- High level verbal communication skills including the capacity to interact with all levels of employees and the public while maintaining effective customer service and relationship management.
This is a contract position (up to five years) and offers a remuneration package value of between $120,000 - $140,000 per annum depending on skills, qualifications and experience. The package includes a fully maintained City vehicle with private use, five weeks annual leave plus generous superannuation contributions up to 15.5%.
If you’re ready to be a part of a diverse and progressive team, please submit an online application using the ‘Apply for Job’ button on the City’s website.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Vicki Lummer, Director Development and Community Services on 08 9474 0709 or visit the City’s website https://southperth.wa.gov.au/about-us/careers
Applications close at 4.00 pm (AWST) on Friday 8 June 2018.