Multicultural Services Officer (SCS179)
We seek an experienced individual to co-ordinate the Language Café program to ensure quality customer service to Library clients and the delivery of library programs to identified client groups.
Language is often a barrier for people from different backgrounds, but the Language Café program brings the community closer together through the power of conversation. Three times a week, community volunteers help participants practice their English through conversation in Council’s Community Learning Space. The Wagga Wagga community has 99 language groups and through the Language Café we are assisting everyone from new arrivals to Australia to skilled migrants.
- Remuneration of $586.03 gpf + superannuation based on part-time hours of work arrangements
- Part-Time – Ten (10) hours per week
Your new role:
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinating the Language Café program to ensure the sessions run smoothly;
- Providing a high-level reader advisory service to community members on a wide range of both Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) and English as a Second Language (ESL) reading material across all age groups;
- Networking and partnering with related Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) service providers to promote learning, inclusiveness and cultural celebration;
- Recruit and train new volunteers for Language Café; and
- Assist in undertaking circulation library desk duties such as processing borrowings and returns, library memberships and cash handling and general operational activities within the library as required.
What you will need to succeed:
The successful applicant will have:
- Library based experience with an emphasis on working with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities;
- Knowledge of a wide range of English as a Second Language (ESL) and Culturally Linguistically Diverse (CALD) learning materials;
- Experience in developing partnerships with related Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) service providers to promote learning, inclusiveness and cultural celebration; and
- Strong ability to provide computer assistance to ESL customers; and
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
What you need to do now:
All applications must include three (3) documents:
- Covering letter,
- Current Resume, and
- Statement Addressing Focus Questions – Maximum two pages (a template has been provided below for use within applications).
- What qualifications, skills and experience do you have that are relevant to this position?
- This role requires you to supervise numerous Library volunteers. Please provide an example of your supervision and mentoring staff experience.
- What is your understanding of the service that the Language Café program provides, and how this role benefits the community?
What is next?
Applications close Monday, 23 September 2019 @ midnight AEST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 30 September 2019.
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Claire Campbell on 02 6926 9717.
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
Wagga Wagga City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer, working to ensure its workforce is representative of the community it services and encourages diversity within its teams.