Parkes Library & Information Services Team Leader
Job No: PSC234 | Location: Parkes, NSW
About Parkes Shire Council
Parkes Shire Council is a progressive and innovative organisation that embraces new ideas and has adopted a philosophy of continuous improvement. Council is committed to delivering progress and value to our community through living our corporate values of Community, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Safety and Teamwork. The values for which we are proud of, guide the work we do, the choices we make and how we interact with each other and the community. For our employees we provide a positive, safe, creative and fun work environment which embraces new technology with the focus on the safety, health, well-being and professional development of staff.
Council has been awarded for Excellence in Local Government and was named the winner of the prestigious 2016 AR Bluett Memorial Award. The award recognises the most progressive rural council in the state, based on all council operations and services.
Parkes Shire Council is a changing organisation, we are embracing the LEAN philosophy in an effort to maximise the value and service we deliver to our community. Council values our position as a progressive, cohesive and well respected employer of choice. For our employees we provide career development and succession planning opportunities across a large range of trades and professions.
In our quest for continuous improvement Council has achieved formal accreditation under the Australian and New Zealand standard for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems AS/NZS 4801:2001 by SAI Global. This highly regarded accreditation recognises the dedication and commitment from Council staff to ensure safety management systems are robust and efficient and more importantly that a safe workplace is provided for our staff, contractors, visitors and volunteers.
About the Opportunity
Council is currently looking for a Library & Information Services Team Leader who is a creative thinker to help foster lifelong learning, cultural endeavours, imagination and playfulness.
This role will support the delivery of the exciting Parkes Library Expansion project, transforming the 18 year old library building into a new dynamic art, cultural and education space.
This position also supports the provision of library services in Trundle, Tullamore and Peak Hill.
View the Parkes Library Expansion - https://youtu.be/2U05aYd5PNk
- Degree in Library, Information Management or equivalent
- Current and maintained NSW Driver’s Licence
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience or demonstrated experience in leading teams and developing library services and programs
- Current Working With Children Check
Other details relating to this position are:
- The Grade range applicable for the position is Grade 13 to Grade 15, for a 35 hour week within Council's salary structure.
- The salary range for this position is $71,395 to $91,100 gross per annum (depending on skills and experience)
- Additional Superannuation contribution of 9.5% to your Choice of Fund
- 35 Hour week, 19 day month (1 RDO every four weeks)
- Employment is under the Local Government (State) Award 2017
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job
- Parkes Shire Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
- Aboriginal persons are encouraged to apply
VIEW FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION BY CLICKING HERE
How to Apply
Before you apply for this position, please read the position description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer the questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be asked to attach your current Resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your Resume. A cover letter is not required.
Council will only accept applications submitted on line, however if you do not have access to a computer or other electronic device, the Human Resources team, Works & Services Administration staff or your local library staff will be only too happy to assist you.
Parkes Shire Council operates a merit-based recruitment process.
In the event you are shortlisted for an interview, and are then selected to progress to the next stage following interview, you must be prepared to undergo the following pre-employment screening processes as part of the selection process:
- A pre-employment physical examination (at Council's expense), including a hearing and alcohol and other drugs test
- Please include two work related referees in your resume for reference checking purposes - please ensure your referee details are current
- Undertake any other applicable screening that may be relevant to the role
- Council may also check authenticity of certificates and qualifications
Working With Children Check
To create a child safe environment, all Council employees will require a Working With Children Check number. Applicants need to possess or express a willingness to apply for a Working With Children Check. More information can be found at www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
As part of the recruitment process, Parkes Shire Council will be collecting information about you. This information is private information for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act. This information will be included in the recruitment file and only accessed by members of the Recruitment Selection Panel.
Other Important Details
Enquiries: Telephone Kerryn Jones on (02) 6861 2338 for further information.
Closing Date: 5.00pm AEST on Friday 27 September 2019