Specialist Librarian - Operations
- Classification: Librarian
- Location: WA
- Applications Close: 26 August 2019
- $74,470 to $78,615 pa
Situated in the heart of the City of Belmont and close to local shops and amenities, the Ruth Faulkner Library provides a wide range of library and heritage services and programmes for our diverse and developing community.
With a brand new Library and Museum scheduled for completion in 2020, now is the time to secure an exciting and rewarding role where you have the ability to make a difference. As the Specialist Librarian - Operations you will oversee the daily operations of the library ensuring the appropriate service levels are maintained and delivered in an efficient and effective manner.
Responsibilities & Duties include:
- Staff roster management.
- Monitoring and reviewing individual and team performance.
- Supporting and assisting the Team Leaders in the supervision of shift staff including identifying training and development needs.
- Overseeing the daily operations of the public and admin areas and expanded services in the new building including the recording studio, retail space, compact cinema, demonstration kitchen and events room.
- Providing reports as required to the Coordinator Library and Heritage Services.
To be considered for this position you must possess or be working towards a formal qualification in Library and/or Business Studies or a recognised equivalent, or have comparable relevant experience. To be successful in this role you will have previous relevant experience working in a fast-paced library or a similar role with a good understanding of and experience in current digital operating systems relevant to Libraries and Museums.
If you are looking for a new challenge and meet the essential requirements listed in the job description we welcome your application.
Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Applications close Monday, 26 August 2019.
To apply for this position and for more great benefits, visit www.belmont.wa.gov.au or to enquire phone 08 9477 7217.