Support Officer - Special Needs Library
Applications Close: 10 April 2018
City of Gold Coast
Working for City of Gold Coast is both challenging and rewarding, whether you are starting a career or looking to enhance your existing experience and skills. The Gold Coast is one of the fastest growing cities in Australia with a diverse population, combining great challenges with the kind of lifestyle few cities can boast about.
How We Do Things
- We aim high – we are passionate about delivering the best for our city
- We add value – we are innovative and make the most of every opportunity
- We work as a team – our people are great individually, but unstoppable together
- We take responsibility – we are committed to working safely, being trustworthy and owning our actions
About City Libraries
City Libraries is seeking a qualified allied health professional to assist with the coordination of the Special Needs Library including resources, programs, customer service, partnerships, promotion and marketing, to enhance Council’s position in the community as a leading edge library service provider.
Gold Coasters love their libraries. They are a highly popular, visible and integral Council service which is valued by the community and visitors to the Gold Coast. The City’s Library offering is recognised as Australia’s second largest public library service and delivers on the City’s aspirations to provide a leading edge library service.
As part of the Lifestyle and Community directorate, City Libraries partner with other council directorates and external organisations to ambitiously meet the ever changing community demand for strengthening economic and social capital through programs, services and collections that support reading and literacy, skill development and learning, social inclusion, health and wellness.
Our services are delivered through a diverse and wide spread network of 12 branch libraries and 6 unique offerings – our Mobile Library, Local Studies Library, Special Needs Library, Corporate Library, Ormeau Book Box and our pop-up library which can be seen in parks across the Gold Coast. All of our services offer unique and personable experiences to our community and visitors alike.
About the position
This position is based at the Special Needs Library which is located at Nerang Library, working the following hours:- Monday, Tuesday 9am – 12pm, Wednesday 12pm – 5pm, Friday 9am – 1pm/1.15pm
Key Deliverables of the position
- Provide professional support to families and individuals by assessing the needs of new and existing Special Needs Library customers and recommending the appropriate Special Needs Library resources.
- Educate customers in the use of the Special Needs Library
- Identify and select suitable resources for the Special Needs Library within a specified budget.
- Develop relevant community partnerships, particularly within the disability sector.
- Raise the profile of the Special Needs Library and increase the membership through promotion and advocacy.
- Coordinate and lead the Special Needs Library Advisory group.
How to Apply
You will need to have an eRecruit account in order to apply for this position. If you do not already have one, please select "Create a New Account" within eRecruit and create a profile. For more details, please refer to the attached Job Success Profile. If you require further information after reading the Job Success Profile, please call the listed Contact Person. Please note applications for this position will close at 10.30pm on the listed closing date.
For queries or issues regarding the eRecruit system please phone 1300 465 326 during Business Hours.
As part of our selection process, you will be required to undertake drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Australian Standards and Council's procedures. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons encouraged to apply.
Click Link to Apply https://erecruit1.mercury.com.au/GoldCoast/ViewPosition.aspx?id=P6qCfg3rIXk=
Contact: Sue Warren
Phone: 07 5581 6706