Technical Services Officer - Library
Rewarding Career Opportunity at The Hills Shire Council
- Castle Hill
- Reference: 5019788
- Apply Now
About the role:
An opportunity exists for a motivated and experienced Technical Services Officer to join our Library Services Team. Based at Castle Hill, the successful applicant will be regularly rostered to work across all branches of the library service delivering direct customer service as well as training and supporting staff in the use of the Spydus LMS. You will also be rostered to work one weekend every six weeks.
- Administer and apply systems and processes that ensure the accurate acquisition and cataloguing of library materials.
- Monitor & maintain allocated modules of the Spydus Library Management System (LMS) to ensure optimum utilisation of functions;
- Maximise efficiencies through provision of shelf ready materials from external suppliers;
- Support Library staff in relation to the Spydus LMS, developing & delivering training & providing guidance & problem solving;
- Ensure the maintenance and development of bibliographic records to identified standards
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- Diploma of Library and Information Studies or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years in depth experience working with the technical / bibliographic modules of a Library Management System
- Highly developed IT and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated recent, substantial experience in cataloguing and classification including RDA
- Highly proficient in training end users
- High level time management and organisational skills
- Experience in managing ‘Shelf ready' services
- Proficient in analysing data and configuring reports
- Class C Motor Vehicle Licence
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning and Development Opportunities, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives and Working for the Community.
Permanent Full Time Role, Position Number S0916, Salary/Circa: From $72k + Superannuation + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Monday 17 February 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.