About the role
The City of Parramatta will be opening its first multipurpose community hub at Wentworth Point in mid-2019.
This contemporary facility, designed to provide programs, services and spaces to fast growing local communities, will house a library, community meeting rooms, an artist exhibition space, music practice spaces, a co working space for micro business people and a café.
In addition, a community activities space in the forecourt of the building will also be available.
Council is seeking a suitably skilled and experienced person to help develop and manage this new facility and the programs and activities that will operate from it. A small team of specialist and administrative staff will work with the Manager to fulfil the vision of this community hub.
About the person
To be the successful candidate for this role, you will:
- Have relevant qualifications in facility and/or event management and solid experience and achievements in this type of work;
- Have a good understanding of the operations of a modern library service;
- Demonstrate high quality communications and community engagement skills;
- Demonstrate effective adaptive leadership capabilities and a have a track record of successfully managing small teams;
- Be innovative and strategic whilst exhibiting strong governance skills and have an eye to detail;
- Have good financial management and contractor management skills and experience
What’s on offer
We are offering an attractive salary from $113,365 p.a. plus Super. City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which can be accessed by the successful candidate.
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Gary Moore on (02) 9806 5111.
Applications close 4pm, Tuesday 16th April 2019 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
Prohibited persons as defined under the NSW Child Protection Act are not eligible to apply. A copy of a valid Working with Children Clearance must be presented at Interview.
This position requires the preferred candidate to undergo a Criminal History Records check. A criminal history does not necessarily disqualify a prospective candidate from selection.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
The diverse culture at City of Parramatta is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in our workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation.
We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
How to apply:
- If you have NOT registered with our Online Application System, you can begin your Application by clicking the 'Begin' button.
- If you are unsure if you have registered before, click here and follow the steps.
- FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN DETAILS? click here and follow the steps.
- If you have already registered, click on the Login button in the top right hand corner of this screen.
- Preview Application Form