Position Number: S100-17-001
Closing Date:27-02-2017 05:00 PM
Details: Salary Neg from $55,686 - $58,453 P/A + Super
Willoughby City Library Services is seeking a qualified professional to bring local studies alive and to support family history research.
Working with Willoughby’s rich cultural and natural heritage, this varied full time position delivers programs and services to our diverse communities. The role offers opportunities in the areas of research, exhibitions, event planning, document conservation, digitisation, oral histories and resources development for accessibility and promotions.
The role requires:
- Tertiary qualifications in library/ and information studies which are eligible for professional membership of ALIA (Australian Library & Information Association) or relevant equivalent qualifications and/or experience.
- Demonstrated ability using technology to make information engaging and accessible
- Demonstrated research experience and capabilities.
- Ability to prepare and deliver public programs and activities, for a range of audiences
- Demonstrated experience working with a team on a project.
- Understanding of digitisation for preserving material and improving its accessibility.
- Demonstrated ability applying collection access and description standards.
- Proven organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Knowledge of contemporary and emerging practices within public libraries, especially in local studies.
Council offers excellent facilities and benefits, a progressive work environment, rostered days off for full time staff, and close proximity to retail and transport.
Enquiries: Shirley Ramrakha, Local Studies Librarian on 02 9777 7940 or Rebecca Browning, Knowledge & Learning Team Leader on 9777 7905.
Applications close: 27 February 2017
Applications must address all of the selection criteria outlined in the Position Description.
Apply here online.