Position Number: S100-17-041 | Closing Date: 06-2017 05:00 PM
2 Part-time Positions
Salary $32.79 per hour + Penalties + Super
Willoughby City Library Services is looking for two Librarians to supervise the busy Chatswood Library during the weekend.
Chatswood Library is a contemporary library that aims to meet the knowledge, learning and leisure needs of its community through the provision of excellent services and programs. It is located within the retail, entertainment and dining centre of Chatswood and is a hub for Willoughby’s diverse local community and visitors.
These newly created roles will help ensure that weekend visitors to the Library enjoy the same level of service as weekday visitors, and also allow for consistent feedback between weekday and weekend staff.
The role will be fully supported and integrated with weekday operations, to ensure that the Weekend Library Supervisors benefit from ongoing professional support and training.
The hours for the roles cover Friday, Saturday and each alternate Sunday – adding up to 32.5 hours per fortnight. Details of the hours can be found in the position description.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in library/information science which allow professional membership of ALIA (Australian Library & Information Association).
- Experience working within a library service.
- Supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, making decisions promptly, in line with established procedures.
- Demonstrated good customer service skills across a diverse range of customers.
- Good interpersonal skills to work well with other staff in a teamwork situation.
- Experience using Library-based technology; and ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Understanding of contemporary library services.
- Current Class C driver’s licence.
Enquiries: Margo Pavincich or Liz Griffiths, Service Delivery Librarians on 02 9777 7948
Applications close: 15 June 2017
Applications must address all of the selection criteria contained in the position description.
Apply here online.