Library Programs and Support Officer
- Run the pop-up library service Van to provide outreach services across Wyndham
- Permanent part-time, 4 days per week
- Salary from $68,782.48 (pro rata) plus super
We are Wyndham, one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
Our people are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure the City is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents by 2040.
Wyndham City Libraries are invested in providing quality Library services that meet the needs of our community. We are committed to remaining ahead of the curve when it comes to future trends in Library service delivery and this role underpins the success in providing the services our customers know and love.
A bit about the role
Wyndham Libraries are launching a Pop-Up Library Programs Van to deliver activities and engage with the community in 2022 and beyond. We are looking for an enthusiastic program delivery professional to join our team taking library services around Wyndham.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a brand-new team delivering programs and outreach services from locations across Wyndham. This role will report to the Team Leader Library Community Outreach and work closely with the Programs Teams across the library service.
As a remote library, you will be traveling to scheduled sites across Council. You will deliver programs for all ages and provide support with a small collection of books on board.
Whilst you will primarily work on the Pop-Up Library, this position will be required to alter their regular working hours to support evening and weekend events and programs on an ad-hoc basis. In addition, this position may be required to rotate to other branches in line with operational requirements and may be required to work rostered Saturday morning as part of a regular work pattern.
What you’ll deliver
- Successful and professional delivery of programs and services based on the local community’s needs and interests
- Attractively presented and orderly collection and well-maintained vehicle
- Effective liaison with colleagues, community groups, key stakeholders, and the wider community under the guidance of the Team Leader Library Community Outreach
- Creation of a space where all members of our diverse community feel welcome
What you’ll bring
- Diploma of Library and Information Services, or equivalent qualification or substantial experience
- Experience delivering programs to children and families desirable
- Strong customer service skills
- Willingness to learn and a desire to develop your skills
- A positive, curious and flexible attitude
- Valid Victorian driver’s licence and confidence in driving a van. Driver training will be offered if required
Be part of something more
At Wyndham, we’re doing big things. We’re building a proud and successful city that stands proudly on the state, national and international stages. By joining us, you can help lead, innovate and contribute this work.
You will be provided the chance to deliver exciting and impressive projects, to ensure that we are managing growth and supporting our residents to lead healthy, safe, vibrant and productive lives while protecting our local environment.
We are always looking for passionate and excited people to contribute their skills and support us to provide services to our diverse community.
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending us a cover letter and your resume. We do not require any selection criteria to be addressed.
To find out more about the role, please contact Stephanie Green, Team Leader Library Community Outreach on 03 8734 8948.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm Sunday 3 April 2022.
To enable compliance with State Government requirements as contained in the current Chief Health Officer COVID19 Mandatory Vaccination Directions, you will be required to provide your COVID19 Vaccination Information before commencing employment with Council.
We are a proud inclusive employer. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply for our job opportunities. Our commitment is to provide diverse, safe and inclusive environments where everyone can grow and succeed.
- Employee Status: Permanent
- Schedule: Part-time
- Position Description: PD Current - City Life - LCL - Library Programs and Support Officer