Coordinator Library Systems Technology
- Develop and implement incredible IT solutions for our Library customers
- Permanent full-time, Werribee-based
- Salary from $115,963.56 plus super and fortnightly RDO
We are Wyndham City Libraries, operating in one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
We are hard at work planning the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure Wyndham is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents to the region by 2040.
Our growing Library network is made up of 5 locations across our council. We host 1 million annual visitors, run more than 3,000 community programs and loan upwards of 1.5 million items annually. Our team is committed to making a positive difference to the lives of our community. Providing resources, programs and technology access, we support our community to grow and thrive.
Shape new possibilities. Be part of something more.
A bit about the role
More now than ever, information technology is a critical presence for our Library network. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Wyndham City Libraries have successfully pivoted our service delivery to an online platform, supplying online programs and enhanced online lending.
Wyndham City Libraries are invested in providing quality and state of the art online services to meet the needs of our community. We are committed to remaining ahead of the curve when it comes to future trends in Library service delivery and this role underpins the success of our network in providing the service our customers know and love.
Your role will be to ensure the successful development and implementation of new and emerging library technology. Through an understanding of our community needs, you will provide strategic guidance to overall policy and planning for our Library network. Using creative problem-solving skills and a keen understanding of the role that Libraries have to play in the local government setting, you will provide leadership and guidance to ensure successful implementation of major Library IT projects.
You will be a future focused strategic leader, bringing with you the skills and knowledge that will allow our Library service to continue improving and implementing technological platforms to meet the needs of our customers.
What you’ll deliver
- Research, identify and implement community focused innovative technologies, keeping our Libraries at the forefront of contemporary service delivery
- Strategic guidance on Library IT services, shaping our strategies and problem solving in the new age of Libraries
- Build the capacity of our Libraries team in the space of IT and information management to best suit the needs of our customers
- Contribute to the ongoing development of collaborative community services, enabling program planning and collaborative solutions
- Implement evidence-based solutions using your analytical ability based on customer
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing teams using human centred design principals
- High level of understanding of the crucial role that IT plays in public library networks
- Strong strategic and problems solving abilities, translating concepts into practical outcomes for our customers
- Understanding of project management frameworks with experience implementing large scale systems into the library setting
- Qualification in Library or Information Management with substantial experience supporting community focused IT services in Public Libraries
- A positive, curious and flexible mind
Be part of something more
It’s an exciting time to join Wyndham City Libraries. We are transforming into an agile, resilient and customer-centric workplace and the opportunities to grow with us are endless.
We believe our people are our greatest and most valued asset. This is why we are focused on building a constructive culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to creating and cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce.
We believe our people are the most valuable connection to our community. This is why we are focused on creating a culture where people feel valued and achieve great things every day.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending us a cover letter and your resume. We do not require any selection criteria to be addressed.
To find out more about the role, please contact Rhonda Rathjen, Manager Libraries and Community Learning on (03) 8734 2600.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59PM Sunday September 06th 2020.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply for our job opportunities. Our commitment is to provide safe and inclusive environments where everyone can grow and succeed.