Library Customer Service Officer
Castle Hill | Reference: 5182472
About the role:
An opportunity exists for a motivated and experienced Customer Service Officer to join our Library Services Team. Based initially at Castle Hill Library the successful applicant must be willing to work at any of Council's Libraries. This is a great development opportunity for a candidate who has already started on their Library career either through working in a library or undertaking study and is now looking to further their library experience.
- Monday to Friday 7 hours per day as rostered and one weekend (Saturday and Sunday) every 6 weeks
- Day to day operations in the Library as rostered
- Process a range of applications, transactions and payments for both Council and Library
- Resolve customer enquiries and complaints on a range of Library services within agreed guidelines
- Participate in a range of Library marketing and outreach activities targeting customers from diverse cultures and age groups
To be considered for this role you will be an experienced customer service officer and will possess:
- HSC or equivalent
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Experience in a high volume, fast paced customer focused service environment
- Proven experience in the use of technology for service delivery
- Experience in dealing with challenging customer interactions
- Experience dealing with diverse cultures and age groups
Working with us:
THSC employees enjoy: Performance Bonuses, Learning and Development Opportunities, Proactive Wellbeing Initiatives and Working for the Community.
Permanent full time role, Position Number S0529, Salary: Circa/from $61k pa + Superannuation + Other Benefits
Please review the Role Statement and Job Demands available on Council's Careers Page and submit your application online at www.thehills.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on Sunday 31 August 2020.
Employment will be subject to clearance on the following pre-employment checks: Psychometric Testing, Reference Checks, Identity Check, Drug and Alcohol Screening and Medical Check, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
The Hills Shire Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We assess applications on merit and suitability related to the inherent requirements of the position. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
We're seeking individuals who embrace our values and can work collaboratively to deliver quality customer services and infrastructure to The Hills Shire community.
Applications Close: 31 Aug 2020