Library Training Officer
Location: Northern Beaches Council, NSW
Division: Community & Belonging
Business Unit: Library Services
Title: Library Training Officer, Permanent - Part-time Role, 28 hours per week
Salary Range: $70429.62 to $81850.07 pro rata per annum + super (subject to skills and experiences)
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council was created in 2016 through the three councils of Manly, Pittwater and Warringah coming together to deliver the highest quality services to the community. Exciting new infrastructure projects and community programs have quickly demonstrated the positive impact the new council is having.
Reporting to the Service Improvement Manager, the Training Officer will be part of a team working to build staff competency and capability across the service to enhance customer service delivery. The Training Officer will deliver high quality customer service, work with the team to design and deliver training to library staff, identify training needs and develop resources. The role includes front of house customer service shifts to gain insights into the quality of service delivery.
• Role model high quality customer service delivery
• Share knowledge and deliver coaching and training for library staff
• Develop a strong understanding of the library’s technology platforms, including eResources
• Schedule and organise training for library staff
• Collaborate on the identification of staff training needs and opportunities across the service
• Help identify external training opportunities, administer bookings and payments and monitor budget expenditure
• Collaborate on continuous process improvement and documentation
• Assist with administration required for the library’s team of casual staff including training
• Undertake required desk duties as directed and
• Develop a strong understanding of the nature of service delivery and the resulting customer experience.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Lea King on 02 8495 6868 during business hours
- Applications close on 09/12/2021