Library Assistant Community Engagement
Job No: SSC138 | Location: Sutherland Shire
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Enrich the community by providing access to information, education and cultural services and promoting learning, literacy and leisure opportunities.
- Encourage and inspire others’ passion for life-long learning.
- Be an integral part of the Library Services Team, supporting the Community Engagement Team contributing to our strategic outcomes.
- Assist with the development and presentation of a range of library programs and events to cater for diverse age and interest groups.
- Promote collaboration and knowledge sharing for best practice and continuous improvement.
Things You’ll Do:
- You will have a flair for community and stakeholder engagement with a passion for driving positive community outcomes.
- You will be a true team-player with a genuine openness to share your skills and experience to help empower others.
- Actively promote library resources, services and programs through a range of marketing channels.
- Assist with the effective running of community programs and initiate programs.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Work for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
- Deliver exceptional customer service.
- Support your team to deliver customer focused, innovative and contemporary public library services.
- Be a positive brand ambassador for the Library and Sutherland Shire Council – you will showcase Council’s values in all that you do.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm: Friday, 29 January 2021
- Package: $53,000 - $56,000 gross p.a. plus superannuation
- Hours of work: Full time permanent position, 35 hours per week, over 7 days as rostered
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Jay Fletcher (JFletcher@ssc.nsw.gov.au) for any job specific enquiries
- Michelle Chou, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries (email@example.com).
If you want to make a difference and be part of a challenging and rewarding working environment, then joining us just might be the right career move for you! Join a passionate and dedicated team covering a diversity of services, industries and occupations.
At Sutherland Shire Council we do more than serve our community – we are our community. Our energy can be seen in everything we do. From having a can-do attitude, to embracing change and opportunities, being people-centred and working together as one.