Adult Library Officer – Serials
- Temporary, Part-time 5 October 2020 to 22 October 2021
- 52.5 hours per fortnight
- Band 4, Circa $69k + super (pro-rata)
About Darebin Libraries
Darebin Libraries provides welcoming, inclusive and accessible spaces for our community members to connect, discover and learn. Our libraries (Fairfield, Northcote, Preston and Reservoir) provide equitable and easy access to information, support, facilities, technology and programs that range from improving personal wellbeing to tackling climate change to educating the community about the safe use of technology. We aim to enrich the lives of our diverse community and create opportunities for lifelong learning
The Adult Library Officer - Serials delivers high quality customer service to the Darebin community and support customers and employees through the delivery of print and electronic serial publications, programs and services to adults
About the Role
Adult Library Officer - Serials is responsible for the for ordering, receiving and management of print and electronic serial publications for the library collection. The position has a strong customer service element, working directly on the library floor with customers.
Hours include one evening shift per week and an additional Saturday and Sunday shift in each 8-week cycle. Requirement to work from any of the Darebin Libraries branches as rostered and requested by management
- Maintain and review library subscriptions for physical and digital magazines and newspapers reporting on usage as required
- Monitor and evaluate existing collections and investigate new titles for purchase
- Manage the entry of serial orders on the Library management system, receive and accession serial issues, end process, as required
- Work regular desk shifts at service points and provide quality customer service
- Support the planning and delivery of library events and programs to support learning and reader development needs of the community
Skills and experience
- Experience delivering enthusiastic customer service in a library, retail or hospitality environment
- Sound knowledge of library serials and subscription management including a focus on customer access
- Well developed digital literacy skill with proficiency to work in online environments with range of devices
- Sound knowledge and participation of the provision of educational/learning activities in a public library or community setting.
- A Diploma in Library and Information Studies or relevant field or less formal qualifications with relevant experience
- Working with a team committed to delivering the best quality service to our customers
- Supportive team environment
- Training opportunities provided
- Working for a Council that proudly values social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence
- Close to public transport routes
How to apply
Candidates must provide a resume, and address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description in their cover letter.
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
Contact Jacinta Cleary, Acting Team Leader Adult on (03) 8470 8255 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Sunday 9 August 2020 at 11.30pm.
The City of Darebin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. Darebin is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.