Adult Programs Librarian (200297)
- Permanent Full Time - 36.25 hours per week
- $81,276.69 to $84,815.96 Annually + up to 12% super
- RCC Officers' Level 5
A Career with RCC
Redland City Council (RCC) is situated on the naturally wonderful Redlands Coast, which includes the Southern Moreton Bay Islands, mainland suburbs and rural hinterland which is located east of Brisbane. RCC offers you the chance to improve lives and shape your own career. You’ll enjoy diverse work and opportunities to grow, working in a truly special community and a region of outstanding natural beauty. In return for your passion and commitment to moving Redland City forward, we offer great benefits and the balance you need to bring the best you. Visit our careers website to find out more and meet some of our wonderful team.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Community Programs team for an Adult Programs Librarian who is passionate about delivering exceptional library services to the community. This role involves coordinating adult programs including education, talks, conversation groups and seniors events. The successful candidate will work closely with the community to delivery small events and activities that may require some afterhours work. This position provides the opportunity to work across various locations including North Stradbroke Island, our Southern Moreton Bay Islands, mainland and outreach, as you build strong relationships with a diverse range of community members.
Guided by our values, you will:
- coordinate the development and delivery of library programs for adults, with a particular focus on the literacy needs of the community;
- foster partnerships and relationships with the library services team and stakeholders to provide quality programs for the adult community;
- provide advice regarding adult learning and activities to promote community connections and improve wellbeing; and
- coordinate the management of equipment and resources including grant funding, and reviewing budgets and resources to support programming.
First and foremost, you'll need to live and breathe our values, as they are fundamental to the way we go about our work and the relationships we build.
We are looking for someone who:
- has highly developed networking, communication and interpersonal skills;
- is driven to achieve positive customer experience and brings a flexible approach to both service and program delivery;
- is passionate about reviewing and improving library services with a strong customer focus; and
- has a working knowledge of library services, including design and delivery of community programs.
- You hold a tertiary qualification in a relevant field and/or extensive experience in the coordination of library programs.
- Successful applicants will be asked to consent to a police check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
- To be eligible for employment, applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia.
As an employee you will enjoy a range of benefits which may include:
- Access to flexible working arrangements - this depends on the type of work you do, let us know what flexibility means to you! For this role some options are hybrid working (some days from home);
- Generous leave provisions such as paid parental leave and purchased leave scheme including 17.5% loading on annual leave;
- Ex-gratia day offered during the Christmas/New Year break;
- Access to professional and leadership development programs and education/study assistance;
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities to increase your industry knowledge and professional and business acumen;
- Secondment opportunities for career development;
- Reward and recognition programs;
- Wellness programs, social club.
Applications will only be accepted through Council’s Web Recruitment system or through OURspace for current Council employees. Hard copy and e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
To be considered, applicants must submit a:
- Cover letter (one page); and
- Current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please read the Position Description and resume-based application instructions before applying for this role.
RCC utilises a merit-based recruitment process which may include various testing methods, such as psychometric testing and requesting the submission of a short video application from candidates after the advertisement closes.
Specific information on the position (200297) can be obtained by contacting Monique Whitewood on (07) 3829 8489.
Applications for this position close at 11:59 p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 19/09/2022 .
Applications will not be accepted from a third party.