Assistant - Libraries (Branch Services) - Goomeri Library
Remuneration: Permanent part time position - hourly rate of $34.48
Closing Date: Sunday 21 August 2022 at 11.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
The Goomeri Library is situated in the township of Goomeri and is open for three hours per day from Tuesday to Friday. Library clients have free access to library services which include: borrowing items from across the Gympie Regional Libraries network, utilising the computers, accessing free wifi and a range of library programming events and activities.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and customer service focused individual to work at our Goomeri Library on a permanent part time basis working a total of 13 hours per week. Following training at Gympie and Goomeri Libraries you will begin working independently providing a high level of library customer service to the community, reading stories to children as part of our First Five Forever program, facilitating technology classes, hosting community group sessions, and leading School Holiday Activities at our Goomeri Library.
Goomeri Library opening hours
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9am – 12 noon
Thursday 1pm – 4pm
In this position you will be responsible for providing and promoting the library and its services to the community while delivering a high quality customer focused service to the patrons of the library as per Council's policies and procedures.
What we are looking for
To be successful in this position, you will need to have a passion for library work demonstrated through:
- providing a positive customer service experience at our libraries on a daily basis
- the ability to deliver programs to fulfil the community’s needs including children’s activities, coding and robotics workshops, technology sessions and community workshops
- excellent computer literacy skills, including word processing and basic research skills
- the ability to provide information and technology assistance and support for library customers
- experience in or knowledge of modern library practices, procedures and responsibilities
- experience in working in a team environment as well as the ability to work autonomously
- working with children check - Blue Card or ability to obtain a Blue Card prior to commencement
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact Rachel Lethem, Coordinator Library Services on 07 5481 0850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Rowena Chapman, Senior Officer Human Resources on 5481 0687 or email email@example.com
What we offer?
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.
How to apply
Keen to apply? Simply follow the instructions below:
1) Download and review the position description above
2) Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account)
3) Click 'APPLY'
4) Attach your resume, covering letter and a single document containing copies of your qualifications, licences or tickets as applicable.
5) Click 'NEXT' and 'CONFIRM'
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.
Applications close on Sunday 21 August 2022 at 11.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.