Branch Librarian Tomaree Library & Community Centre - PSC246
- Interested in a versatile role that challenges you?
- Want to work in a great team environment and be part of Council’s Library Management Team?
- Committed to operating within a high level customer service culture?
An opportunity exists for someone with strong communication and interpersonal skills to lead Council’s Tomaree Library team, playing a vital role in supporting staff, and planning, developing and delivering high quality innovative services and programs to the community.
Reporting to the Library Services Manager, you will:
- effectively support and lead your team to deliver high level, relevant and customised services and programs to the community
- plan, develop, deliver and evaluate services, programs, activities and events
- participate as a member of the Library Management Team contributing to the forward planning, performance and evaluation of Port Stephens Library Service
- promote TLACC as an innovative, efficient and affordable venue for community, commercial, government and cultural activities
View the full position description here.
The Tomaree Library team are a cohesive group who are enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated to providing excellent service to the Port Stephens community.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate:
- a broad range of experience in a similar role
- an ability to lead, support, motivate and mentor team members
- commitment to continuous improvement and a willingness to embrace change
- organisational skills in planning and prioritising work, and the ability to adjust and adapt to changing situations and priorities
Please note: A full list of Essential Criteria can be found in the attached Position Description
Benefits of working at Port Stephens Council include:
- TRP Range: $83,782 - $98,163 pa – per 35 hour week (includes 9.5% superannuation + retention allowance)
- Long service leave after 5 years
- Flexible working provisions
- Generous leave entitlements
- Gym discounts and fitness incentives
- Ongoing training and professional development programs
- Mentoring in the workplace
Ready to change your outlook and join the team at Port Stephens Council?
- Please apply by midnight Tuesday 28th July 2020.
- For further information on the role, please contact Kris Abbott, Library Services Manager on (02) 4988 0221.
- Candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the application.
- Suitable candidates will be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 6 months.
- Council does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.