Branch Services Coordinator
About the role
The Branch Services Co-ordinator is a member of the library’s management team and is responsible for the supervision and development of the branch services across the library network.
The position is responsible to lead, supervise and mentor branch librarians to provide a high quality information and customer service.
On a daily basis you will:
- Be responsible for the recruitment, supervision, professional development and performance management of branch librarians.
- Work together with branch librarians to undertake quality community engagement and capacity building.
- Develop and maintain written policies and procedures associated with service provision of branches.
About the person
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Recognised professional tertiary qualification in Information Science/Librarianship (eligible for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association),or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity and relevant experience in a library environment Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality customer service in a busy service environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality customer service in a busy service environment
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Proven commitment to continuous improvement processes including demonstrated flexibility and responsiveness to changing needs and demand
- Demonstrated staff management skills.
It would be preferred but not essential for applicants to have:
- Public library experience
- Demonstrated skills in training
- Demonstrated experience in working with and providing services for people from a diverse range of cultural backgrounds and communities
What’s on offer?
We are offering an attractive salary from $111,970.12 p.a. plus superannuation. City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which can be accessed by the successful candidate.
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Michele Burton, Manager Libraries on (02) 9806 5151.
How to apply?
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria. Applications close 11.30pm, 21st August 2020 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
Prohibited persons as defined under the NSW Child Protection Act are not eligible to apply. A copy of a valid Working with Children Clearance must be presented at Interview.
This position requires the preferred candidate to undergo a Criminal History Records check. A criminal history does not necessarily disqualify a prospective candidate from selection.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
City of Parramatta Council embraces diversity and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Multicultural backgrounds and people with disability. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
Position Description available here
How to apply:
- If you have NOT registered with our Online Application System, you can begin your Application by clicking the 'Begin' button.
- If you are unsure if you have registered before, click here and follow the steps.
- FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN DETAILS? click here and follow the steps.
- If you have already registered, click on the Login button in the top right hand corner of this screen.
- Preview Application Form